Gov. Greg Abbott's office says the Austin City Council has taken a "meaningful step" to address homelessness after its vote to partially reinstate a camping ban last night, but said he's going to ask the Texas Department of Transportation to clean up camps under bridges.
Latest News From NPR
- Boeing Pilots Detected 737 Max Flight Control Glitch Two Years Before Deadly Crash
- White House Adviser Peter Navarro Calls Fictional Alter Ego An 'Inside Joke'
- 'We Didn't Believe We Would See The Sun Rise': Refugees From Syria Arrive In Iraq
- New Orleans Will Use Explosives To Topple Cranes At Hard Rock Hotel Collapse Site
- Monarch Butterflies Are Back In Austin – And This Year's Migration Is Larger Than Normal.
- Austin's Homelessness Czar Steps Down A Month After Her First Day
- 'Touchdown' Needs No Translation: Ruben Pizarro Marks 25 Years Of Calling UT Games In Spanish
- Austin Joins A Handful Of Cities Where Carbon Emissions Have Fallen In Recent Years